Friday, July 22, 2011

A Minute With Author Tess Hardwick




What's Your Name and the title or titles of your books?

Tess Hardwick

"Riversong"

"Duet For Three Hands" - coming out in November.


What genre do you normally write in?

Women's fiction.

Could you tell us just a little about yourself?

I was trained as an actress at the University of Southern California but found my voice as a playwright in the late 90's. After a time, I decided the types of stories I wanted to tell are better told in novel form. I live in Snoqualmie, a suburb of Seattle, with my two young daughters and my husband. I was raised in a small town in Southern Oregon, the setting for my first novel.


Will you give us a brief overview of your latest, or if you prefer, your favorite book?

My debut novel, Riversong, is about a young woman, Lee Tucker, who is forced to rebuild her life when her husband dies unexpectedly. She moves to her childhood home in southern Oregon to fix up her deceased mother's home to pay a large debt. While there, she meets a colorful cast of small town people and is convinced to help open a restaurant in order to reinvent the town as a tourist destination. It is primarily a love story with a dose of humor, food and the power of community.


Where are your books available?

Barnes and Noble.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and Nook or Kindle. Also, you can read it for free on booktrope.com.


Are you working on anything new at the moment?

I am in the final editing process on my novel, "Duet For Three Hands". It will be released in November by Booktrope Editions.


What one statement would you like to make that you think our audience and your readers might benefit from?

If you love something, do it, ignoring both the naysayers in your mind and in your life.


How can someone follow you if they want to stay abreast of what you are doing?

I write a blog, "Inspiration For Ordinary Life" on my website www.tesshardwick.com. There are event details, book excerpts and workshop information on there as well.


Thank you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment