Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Minute With Author Bryan R. Dennis




What's Your Name and the title or titles of your books?

Hello, I’m Bryan R. Dennis the author of An Epitaph for Coyote and four short story collections.

What genre do you normally write in?

I write speculative fiction, though my early works, such as An Epitaph for Coyote fall in the literary category (notwithstanding the speculative subtext).

Could you tell us just a little about yourself?

I’m just a regular guy trying to discover why I was put on this earth. I joined the Army right out of High School and served overseas. Enjoyed some of it, hated the rest. Came home and worked several blue-collar jobs and hated them. Got a degree at University and worked a few years in a white-collar career. Hated it. Now I’m writing fiction, the only job I’ve ever loved. I love it so much I do it for free (well, almost free).

Will you give us a brief overview of your latest, or if you prefer, your favorite book?

My latest book, An Epitaph for Coyote is a satirical love story about a lonely insolated clerk who encounters his complete opposite in a strange woman from the desert. She shows him a radical way of looking at things and at himself, and basically shakes his neat orderly world up as if it were an ant farm.

Where are your books available?

I have four short story collections that can be downloaded at Amazon or at Smashwords. Three of them are free at Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/61922.

Are you working on anything new at the moment?

Yes. I’m putting the finishing touches on my next novel Saw a Rainbow. This book is a metaphysical suspense about an ancient general who seems to have died and wakened as a drunken bum in modern-day Las Vegas. An ominous presence stalks him, his lover from the previous life haunts him, and there is something very disturbing buried in his back yard. This is due for a September 2011 release.

What one statement would you like to make that you think our audience and your readers might benefit from?

Enjoy the journey as much as the destination, and don’t wait until you’re old to have your regrets.

How can someone follow you if they want to stay abreast of what you are doing?

Twitter: http://twitter.com/BryanRDennis
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bryan-R-Dennis-Author/302526520888
Blog: http://www.bryanrdennis.com
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Bryan-R.-Dennis/e/B0052

Wow! Thanks Bryan. I wish you every possible success in your endeavors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment